Re: Submachine 6: the Edge

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

I exercise my right to remain silent.
Bloodhit
subnet technician

Post by Bloodhit »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:
it says "sds -tc" - "secondary defense system - the core".
Hey... I always though it was "secondary defense system - turret chain" :o
Yeah, thats wrong. Defense system defends the Core. If Core was part of DS and protect itself, it's just no sense lol :D
MateuszSkutnik wrote:I exercise my right to remain silent.
It's not fair! :( *Use reverse words ability* :idea:
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

aww, okay :c

so we're at the start again XD I'd keep it as unknown, until more news come.
Yeah, thats wrong. Defense system defends the Core. If Core was part of DS and protect itself, it's just no sense lol
Well, I thought that because the 2ndary defense system controlled the turret chains :P
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

Bloodhit wrote:
OnyxIonVortex wrote:
it says "sds -tc" - "secondary defense system - the core".
Hey... I always though it was "secondary defense system - turret chain" :o
Yeah, thats wrong. Defense system defends the Core. If Core was part of DS and protect itself, it's just no sense lol :D
I meant more along the lines "this map extends from the secondary defense system to the core".
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
azareus
subbot maintenance

Post by azareus »

Little did he know it was reverse day...
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Just one thing: If it's called "the outer rim," then it must mean it's the outside of the Edge. Definition of Rim:
The upper or outer edge of an object, typically something circular
I found it redundant to call it the "outer" rim, if "rim" already signifies it being "outer."

Think about it: How could the outer rim be outside the Edge, if there wasn't a second Edge? That would lead us to think either:

a) The Edge surrounds the Core itself, and then the SubNet is another Edge further outside the Core.

or

b) There's a random second edge surrounding the first Edge, which, outside this "Outer Rim," there's more (possible) mutations and void space.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

sds -tc
Long time ago I asked Mateusz about this in his Facebook. He answered "subnet defense system". I asked again: "does tc mean the core?" His answer was: "maybe".
Ok. But remember that your right will end when Sub10 releases! :\
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 102 wrote:
sds -tc
Long time ago I asked Mateusz about this in his Facebook. He answered "subnet defense system". I asked again: "does tc mean the core?" His answer was: "maybe".
Ok. But remember that your right will end when Sub10 releases! :\
Interesting... I think I remember that.

And yeah, silence will not last forever :twisted:

EDIT:
Rooster5man wrote:Just one thing: If it's called "the outer rim," then it must mean it's the outside of the Edge. Definition of Rim:
The upper or outer edge of an object, typically something circular
I found it redundant to call it the "outer" rim, if "rim" already signifies it being "outer."

Think about it: How could the outer rim be outside the Edge, if there wasn't a second Edge? That would lead us to think either:

a) The Edge surrounds the Core itself, and then the SubNet is another Edge further outside the Core.

or

b) There's a random second edge surrounding the first Edge, which, outside this "Outer Rim," there's more (possible) mutations and void space.
I'd go for a). I don't think there's anthing beyond the outer edge of the Subnet. If there were already something there, how could it expand? :P
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Exactly my point! So, in between the space between the Core and the Outer Rim, the SubNet must all be there. Then it's fenced in by the "Outer Rim" and anything past that is mutations.

Basically what I was trying to say (which I think you understood) is the Edge and the Outer Rim share the same area. Think about it in a 3D sense - The Edge is the actual dividing piece between the SubNet and whatever lays outside it (the top of the Edge is what I'm referring to, like the top of a barrier), and the Outer Rim is the front of this dividing piece, and whatever lays outside it is Void and mutations.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Has anyone not paid attention to my Post about the Edge?
I'm wondering if there are more than on Defense System in Layer 1. Here is my reason why:

http://images.wikia.com/submachine/imag ... netmap.PNG

If the Submachine see Human as an infestation or at least the on who join Murtaugh and all of their present location is on this Map. See the Core or where the C is that labels the Core, now see the area around it where the possible Defense System we're in around the Core, there is another similar apparent Barrier just bellow it at 7 o'clock. Now if that is a Defense System then Who is in the Center of that, is it Mur? Plus why is there a Second Defense System in Layer 1? What is there or was once there that was important enough to have it own Defense System?
That Infestation Map is showing the Defense System in relation to The Core and Outer Rim. That "C" is Core and the Area space around it is the Edge, because of it being a Perfect Circle. The Area outside shows all of the Infected, where the Mutation are. Then the rest inside the Area between the Edge and the End of the Map is the Outer Rim.

But the Lighthouse must have once been in the Core because of the Corresponding Letters between Mur and Liz, plus Mur Practice Karma Portal is inside the Winter Palace. But when the Other decided to Bury him, they must have chuck the Lighthouse out into the Outer Rim; or possibly the Submachine due to the Mutation the Lighthouse was causing, once it was buried the Submachine Faded the Lighthouse out into the Outer Rim.

My Idea about a Second Defense System is wrong though. I check the Map and where Mur is and the Space around him is not a Perfect Circle. That "i" is the Source of the Infection making the Dot the Mutation. But is it Mur Followers?

That last part about the "i" is a Guest so I'm Open to any Ideas to what it is.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING