Submachine 6: the Edge

Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Re: Submachine 6: the Edge

Post by Rooster5man »

I don't believe I understood your post the first time, but now that you've elaborated, a few things:
The Area outside shows all of the Infected, where the Mutation are. Then the rest inside the Area between the Edge and the End of the Map is the Outer Rim.
The "infestation" is the humans, not the mutations - At least, as far as I'm aware. The "i" could represent the point where the infestation started, possibly the Root or some sort of Portal? I don't know if you want to go digging on the Submachine Wiki to find something.
But the Lighthouse must have once been in the Core because of the Corresponding Letters between Mur and Liz,
I actually didn't think of that beforehand, but that makes better sense as to why the Lighthouse is in the Core (which it is - Mateusz has confirmed that.)
But when the Other decided to Bury him, they must have chuck the Lighthouse out into the Outer Rim; or possibly the Submachine due to the Mutation the Lighthouse was causing, once it was buried the Submachine Faded the Lighthouse out into the Outer Rim.
As I just said, The Lighthouse is in The Core, not the Outer Rim. If it was in the Outer Rim, that wouldn't add up - Liz said herself that if you leave towards the Outer Rim, you won't come back, and I can only assume Mur survived because of his Karma powers.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

That last part about the "i" is a Guest so I'm Open to any Ideas to what it is.
The i is Infestation, Mateusz Said So. So you could be right.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

But how do you buried something without seeing a pile of dirt above ground? The only place where there was dirt or signs of dirt is in Sanctuary and part of the Winter Palace. Plus if it was near the Winter Palace and was off in the Void, we would see it because of that Window near the Stair leading to the Archway Portal Control Room, we could see where the other end of the Karma Portal was.

I'm thinking it where the Second Dot with the open space around it, because of it unevenness. I would think it would be the huge mound of dirt where the Lighthouse was transporter to.

Let put the other scenario to the test.

If Mur was to leave for the Outer Rim with the Portal at the Top of the Lighthouse, how would he know the Lighthouse was buried after he left when Liz stated HE COULD NOT RETURN. Or how could he prepare for the Player if he did not have Motive yet to Invade the Core until after the First Lab and the Exploration Team was abandon and the Second Lab was Created for the Purpose of Invading the Core.

If the Player was part of Murs Plan to invade the Core, and he left the Note, and the Submachine Game where his Victim started at inside the Submachine Video Game, how could he do that if the Lighthouse was in the Core and he was in the Outer Rim.

If Liz knew of Mur plan to Invade the Core, why didn't she and The Other dig into the Lighthouse, got the Player, Disable the Submachine Game and the Portal Machine at the Top of the Lighthouse, then reburied the Lighthouse.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

WorldisQuiet5256 wrote:But how do you buried something without seeing a pile of dirt above ground? The only place where there was dirt or signs of dirt is in Sanctuary and part of the Winter Palace. Plus if it was near the Winter Palace and was off in the Void, we would see it because of that Window near the Stair leading to the Archway Portal Control Room, we could see where the other end of the Karma Portal was.

I'm thinking it where the Second Dot with the open space around it, because of it unevenness. I would think it would be the huge mound of dirt where the Lighthouse was transporter to.
You pretty much nailed it:
Mateusz Skutnik wrote:the lighthouse was buried by intradimentional horizontal shift. they switched the location of the lighthouse to dimention that had a gravitational pull reversed by 90 degrees, so the lighthouse appeared as lying on the ground horizontally. then they just released the sand. it looked quite spectacular from the original lighthouse dimention. imagine. all that sand pouring onto lighthouse sideways.

Maybe I'll make a drawing of that in the future, would be quite a view.
If Liz knew of Mur plan to Invade the Core, why didn't she and The Other dig into the Lighthouse, got the Player, Disable the Submachine Game and the Portal Machine at the Top of the Lighthouse, then reburied the Lighthouse.
Well, wasn't the stuff for the portal hidden all around the place?
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

WorldisQuiet5256 wrote:If Liz knew of Mur plan to Invade the Core, why didn't she and The Other dig into the Lighthouse, got the Player, Disable the Submachine Game and the Portal Machine at the Top of the Lighthouse, then reburied the Lighthouse.
and why didn't the eagles just take the one ring and toss it into the mount doom sparing those poor hobbits the whole journey? hmm?...
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Does that mean Liz wanted the player to gain experience in his journey?
or that it is the player's destiny?
or that it's just by design, because there would be no games if Liz had done that?

questions, questions.... XD
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

and why didn't the eagles just take the one ring and toss it into the mount doom sparing those poor hobbits the whole journey? hmm?...
lol, this epic quote should be posted in Forum Posts.
And thank you very much for new questions.
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

Maybe,it's just Liz doesn't have the means to do it.
How would Liz even know the Player was there? Sure,there were predecessors,but we don't know whether they started out EXACTLY like the player,or differently(probably the latter).
Is this my final form?
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

And thank you very much for new questions.
I think you mean answers :P Unless you're referring to WorldIsQuiet5256's questions.

It's always good to have Mateusz help us along :P
If Mur was to leave for the Outer Rim with the Portal at the Top of the Lighthouse, how would he know the Lighthouse was buried after he left when Liz stated HE COULD NOT RETURN.
Let's get a few things straightened out:

1) The Lighthouse Portal, as far as I'm aware (unless there's a note to prove me wrong), goes to a "random destination" (as the Wiki puts it.) The Loop may be in the Outer Rim, being that the Lighthouse Portal must always lead there, i.e.
It's the worst place you could have find yourself after teleporting from the lighthouse
I think Mur used his Karma Portals to go to the Outer Rim...

2) The Lighthouse was buried with his full knowledge, remember? While it's true he was buried after he left, he knew via:
But after five months my isolation came to an end when they decided to bury the building. My worst fear ever was to be buried alive. But what about to be buried alive inside of a building? I didn't want to take any chances. So I'm leaving today.
If the Player was part of Murs Plan to invade the Core, and he left the Note, and the Submachine Game where his Victim started at inside the Submachine Video Game, how could he do that if the Lighthouse was in the Core and he was in the Outer Rim.
We're not even sure how far along in the 32-year exploration he is/was, whether we're far past that or not, so it could be that, after he came back from the Outer Rim, he explored the SubNet for 32 years via:
His ability to create karma portals between locations let him explore more than one third of the submachine net. That took him 32 years.
After all, he has a communication room - In 32 years, he had to have accomplished a lot, and it seems he had.
And what if she didn't know of Mur's plan? Of course, it seems strange to say she didn't if she expected the Player, but it's strange that she went to warn the people of Layer 5 if they knew all along about the possibility of Mur coming back from the Outer Rim.

After all, Liz might have more important things to do than try a do-or-die plan of saving the Player while possibly protecting The Core. What else could she have been doing all this time?
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Rooster5man wrote: I think Mur used his Karma Portals to go to the Outer Rim...

2) The Lighthouse was buried with his full knowledge, remember? While it's true he was buried after he left, he knew via:
But after five months my isolation came to an end when they decided to bury the building. My worst fear ever was to be buried alive. But what about to be buried alive inside of a building? I didn't want to take any chances. So I'm leaving today.
That my point, if Mur used the portal as in it only transported him and not the whole Lighthouse, and Liz said he could not return, how could he be in Isolation for FIVE MONTHS if he could not return to the Lighthouse. The Others buried the Lighthouse because it of New Karma Portal he built. But it was no Threat until Murtaugh TURN IT ON.

The only way these notes would work in Chronological Order if the Lighthouse was built in the Core at the Begining, then it faded into the Outer Rim after it was buried.
So when things started to collapse, why certain bits and pieces got left behind?
They just stayed in place...

And why those in particular?

L
If Parts of the Winter Palace could fade out to the Unknown, who to say the Lighthouse couldn't.
Once the great scheme of things was clearly visible through the layers of seven main dimensions.
Right now due to corossion, collapse and spontaneous growth of the outer rim the plan is almost unrecognizable.
We humans deserted the outer rim, and the outer rim responded with deserting us.
Nothing but decay ensues.
It's no wonder they wanted to bury this whole lighthouse with him still inside.
The collapse death toll was growing exponentionally.
No one knows what types of mutations of submachines grew out there.
Mur shared that Similar Desertion as the Outer Rim when he was Buried FOR THE SAME REASON, the DEATHS. Who say they Both aren't Schemers.
Once there was a man who said he knew what was HAPPENING after Murtaugh left.
Since then that man left us as well.
That Person might have told the Others and Liz of Murs Plan if he KNEW what was Happening.
Hello.
My name is Elizabeth.
Welcome to my temple of solitude.

There is a great chance that you wandered here after being tested by Murtaugh. If that is the case, I am very sorry that I couldn't get to you before him. It must have been tough on you to get through all his traps, tests and tasks to fulfill. However - worry no more. If you can't find me in the garden, then I am at my laboratory and will be joining you shortly.

Please wait patiently here and try not to touch anything.
Thank you.
Why is Liz Apologizing for not getting to the Player first if she didn't have the Ability to do so. If she couldn't get to him she would have no Reason to Apologies because she couldn't do anything in the FIRST PLACE. Showing the Lighthouse after it was buried was still in the Core for awhile But THEN when Mur Started his Plans to Invade the Core the Lighthouse FADED INTO the Outer Rim
After all, Liz might have more important things to do than try a do-or-die plan of saving the Player while possibly protecting The Core.
How is it not important to PROTECT the Core if by saving the Player AND the Others before the Player BEFORE they disable the Defense System?
His ability to create karma portals between locations let him explore more than one third of the submachine net. That took him 32 years.
Rooster5man wrote:After all, he has a communication room - In 32 years, he had to have accomplished a lot, and it seems he had.
But he still needed a Home Base for part of that 32 Years, say like A LIGHTHOUSE! If the Lighthouse was in the Outer Rim, it would provide for a suitable Home Base to Sleep in after a Day of Exploring.

Its all in the Notes, look closely to the WORDS. Logically figure out how each fit together.

All of this brings new thought to my Mind for a couple of reasons:
I clearly remember the day it all ended. It was not long after the computer processing power exceeded that of the human brain. Many thought that this was the turning point, but not so. The moment came a bit later. I remember, because I was there, when we asked the biggest question. The one we've been struggling with for millennia.

Why are we?

But this time the question wasn't directed at us. We asked the computer. And that was the turning point in the history of humanity. That exact moment. Once we acknowledged that we're not the most evolved structure on our planet, once we passed the torch, our purpose diminished. Did we expect the computer to fry under the heaviest of questions? Of course. So you can imagine our surprise, when this happened.

The computer answered the question.
Right now due to corossion, collapse and spontaneous growth of the outer rim the plan is almost unrecognizable.
No one knows what types of mutations of submachines grew out there.
We humans deserted the outer rim, and the outer rim responded with deserting us.
Is the Outer Rim MORE than just an Area but its who we pass the Torch too. Maybe the People hearing the great fear that they are less better than something else; they went into denial and deserted the Outer Rim in response to that fear and the Outer Rim left them alone until Mur came and IT sees the same problem that It and Mur shared. All of what the Mutation, Mur Invasion of the Core, Revenge toward the Others, IT'S THE TORCH BEING PASS. The Inevitable of what the Computer said about the "Torch Passing" is happening.

My Last Post was Messy due to other problems I was struggling with at the Time, it was distracting Me.

Materusz, The Eagles could not help Frodo until The Tower of Barad-dûr, and the Eye of Sauron was Dead. He could kill the Eagles if his Tower was still there. Eagle tend to draw attention cause they FLY. Hobbit can walk and BLEND IN.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING