Submachine 3: the Loop

WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine 3: the Loop

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

I would agree.
Multiple endings would definably portray the player freedom from Murtaugh.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

I was thinking for multiple ending s for Sub10 long time ago.
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Babylon
subnet notes finder

Post by Babylon »

Upon thinking about multiple endings, I've realised I'm kind of split down the middle.

On one hand, it allows for greater replayability, and more secrets, but on the other, it means there is no actual ending. We wouldn't have closure, becuase there's seven different ways it could have gone. (Seven as an example, thinking of the seven answers thing.)
I'm not a latin popstar.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

WorldisQuiet5256 wrote:I would agree.
Multiple endings would definably portray the player freedom from Murtaugh.
YES! This is great!

But...
gemini wrote:That is the same thought I had for Submachine 10, a multi ending twist. Go all out and make Sub10 a choose your fate episode. It would require the game to be longer though, because a different ending requires a different path...
I don't like different ending as ending for series. I mean, main series should end without multiple further ways or fates. It should include only one ending. TRUE ENDING of series.

I want to see middlegame ending: You continue your way, solving puzzles, but in some moment, in the middle of game, you can make action-choice, leading to ending. You prepare to continue playing, but game suddenly stops and leaves you :shock: . This is punishment for resisting Murtaugh's/Submachine's will.
But if you do right action, you continue your way to freedom.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Babylon wrote:Upon thinking about multiple endings, I've realised I'm kind of split down the middle.

On one hand, it allows for greater replayability, and more secrets, but on the other, it means there is no actual ending. We wouldn't have closure, becuase there's seven different ways it could have gone. (Seven as an example, thinking of the seven answers thing.)
Yeah, I think the same.

But anyways... I remember Mateusz said somewhere (I say this too often, I should find an abbreviation for this XD)

IRMSS that Sub3's double ending was a mistake and he would not do it again. I think it was in the PastelStories page.

EDIT:
Sublevel 102 wrote:I want to see middlegame ending: You continue your way, solving puzzles, but in some moment, in the middle of game, you can make action-choice, leading to ending. You prepare to continue playing, but game suddenly stops and leaves you :shock: . This is punishment for resisting Murtaugh's/Submachine's will.
But if you do right action, you continue your way to freedom.
No, I don't like that at all...

That's a dead end, if you die (or game stops, or whatever) and you have to start again it will frustrate many players. And if you just start from before the choice because the game autosaves, then what's the point of including that dead end?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

That's a dead end, if you die (or game stops, or whatever) and you have to start again it will frustrate many players. And if you just start from before the choice because the game autosaves, then what's the point of including that dead end?
But if game will include seven endings at the end, you still need to replay everything. Seven times.
And why there was dead end in Sub3?

But yes, maybe it isn't the best way to add to game multiple endings system.
IRMSS that Sub3's double ending was a mistake and he would not do it again. I think it was in the PastelStories page.
wow
will see what Mateusz will prepare for us...
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 102 wrote: But if game will include seven endings at the end, you still need to replay everything. Seven times.
Seven endings is crazy O_O but two or three endings, for example, would be fine, especially if they have a different story each, people would want to play through the game the needed times to find out everything (at least I would). But making the game suddenly end, with little explanation, would not be well received I think.
Sublevel 102 wrote:And why there was dead end in Sub3?
Well, it's already at the end, so it doesn't matter whether you take the dead end or not, you're not missing anything. I didn't like it much anyways :P
Sublevel 102 wrote:will see what Mateusz will prepare for us...
I'm sure he will surprise us again, as usual :mrgreen:
Babylon
subnet notes finder

Post by Babylon »

On the other hand, there could be multiple paths that all lead to the same ending, to represent the inevitability of events.
I'm not a latin popstar.
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Or maybe in Sub10, at the end of the game, they will be a great truoble with all characters and we have navigator, and we have to choose one of the buttons to define the behavior of the final epic scene.

1) Murtaugh creates karma portal and everything gets destroyed
2) Player decides to ignore everything thats happening and escapes the Submachine
3) Everyone agrees and the peace returns to the Subnet
4) Subnet wins, and everyone is trapped in the Subnet forever
5) Liz wins, and the Outer Rim is destroyed
6) Mur wins, and becomes the Subnet emperor
7) Player dies
8) Sudden watermelons
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »