Submachine 2: the Lighthouse

MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Re: Submachine 2: the Lighthouse

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

Sublevel 102 wrote:
damn, this game REALLY needs an update to present standarts.....
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wtf. o_0
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

MateuszSkutnik wrote:damn, this game REALLY needs an update to present standarts.....
completely agree! :D would love to see the game in the new format, without the weird menu and all those sporadic glitches.
will it be only HD or online too?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
though you can keep the old version available so that Sublevel doesn't commit suicide :roll:
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

still: WTF.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

dunno... I remember that in the old forum Sublevel said something like he preferred the sub2 menu to float engine, but I don't remember why. I find it hard to believe too XD

EDIT: well, that's not exactly what he said. found it here:

http://www.pastelportal.com/bbpress/top ... ost-266175
http://www.pastelportal.com/bbpress/top ... ost-266186
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

oh...
I said it not because I very hate float engine. Not because I hate new versions, etc. I said it because the best game is original game, the best style is original style.
I don't know why this game needs in remake. Because it is 7 years old? Well, we always can make new version of the game, but later it will become old too. I guess after 10 years everyone will think that modern game standarts are old and ugly. Internet life will go forward...
weird menu and all those sporadic glitches
sigh... This menu is part of game since the game was released, and it also makes game the best game in submachine series.

I know. You will never understand me. Yeah, I have my own opinion.
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

but submachine2 menu is buggy as hell.

you're the only person ever to think that menu was ok, because after release of sub2 there was an avalanche of critisism towards this particular mechanic.
Anteroinen
subnet traveller

Post by Anteroinen »

MateuszSkutnik wrote:but submachine2 menu is buggy as hell.

you're the only person ever to think that menu was ok, because after release of sub2 there was an avalanche of critisism towards this particular mechanic.
@Sublevel: He is right, you know. No offense. To either one of you.
"We didn't leave the Stone Age, because we ran out of stones."
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Since my first Submachine 2 playing to present time I haven't any complaint to game, because I am not looking at lags. I am looking at game process: ambients, puzzles, atmosphere... And Submachine 2 is the best in series. And this menu and this engine is part of this perfection.
my opinion...
No offense
What offense? I just explain my opinion. :)

Mateusz is author. He made this awesome game. And he makes her future destiny.
borys610

Post by borys610 »

Sub_2 is my favourite too. There are some bugs, sometimes very serious, but really, nothing that can make finishing the game impossible. And I guess that making it into Float would funny and interesting as a toy. But game itself is good as it is.
Mateusz - if you make new version, please don't delete this version! Just as old versions of Sub_1.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

oh...
I said it not because I very hate float engine. Not because I hate new versions, etc. I said it because the best game is original game, the best style is original style.
I don't know why this game needs in remake. Because it is 7 years old? Well, we always can make new version of the game, but later it will become old too. I guess after 10 years everyone will think that modern game standarts are old and ugly. Internet life will go forward...
Well, that's how progress goes normally. It's not always good to renew things, but it isn't good either to always keep with the original, original, original, if everyone had that mentality we'd still be in the stone age of gaming, those text adventures, with a lot of missed graphic potential. I mean, remaking and bug fixing is not bad, and in my opinion it adds more value to the game, because more work is spent on it to make it even better for us. That's my opinion.
I know. You will never understand me.
I think I understand you, but understanding the idea doesn't mean that I automatically have to accept it, it's not the same. I can disagree...
borys610 wrote:Mateusz - if you make new version, please don't delete this version! Just as old versions of Sub_1.
I think it would be impossible to delete it anyways, given the number of gaming webpages it's already posted in.

EDIT: anyways, I don't see it that big as a problem. It's clear that Mateusz will need to update the game to at least remove transparency and make the letters readable, so why not take the opportunity and fix what needs fixing?