Submachine 2: the Lighthouse

ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Re: Submachine 2: the Lighthouse

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

ThunderDasher wrote:
ENIHCAMBUS wrote:I noticed that In "Letter To Liz", "right" is mispelled "rigth".
Well, it happens. Even Mat has the rigth to mistype stuff sometimes.
LOL
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

oh my
every time when I rewatch Sub2 outro (3120th time I guess) I ask myself "does Player wears Nike shoes?.."

and till this time I don't understand anything from there.

Sir AK the Great. Or anybody who's smart enough. Please, tell me, what the subhell does outro mean? And why we see this after we turned on that Lighthouse bulb.

because I think "it was just a dream, illusion or nirvana" explanation would cause Subgod's rage. XD
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Sublevel 105 wrote:oh my
every time when I rewatch Sub2 outro (3120th time I guess) I ask myself "does Player wears Nike shoes?.."
Submachine was making advert for Nike's shoes, just like I-Robot did with Converse's. :P
🧐
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Maybe this will help, Sublevel:
18/12/2010-4 wrote:3. he also could have been transported in time (remember ending of sub2? it says: did I travel too far, or too early). too early could mean that the lighthouse teleports not only to the outer rim but also 32 years into the past. After 32 years of searching murtaugh is finally ready to return to the core. And in the core it's one day before einstein disappears.
You're talking about an unstable portal here.

I don't think the 'he' being referred to here is the Player. I think it's Murtaugh. Possibly when he first made the portal, the lighthouse was transported to the outer rim (subnet=outside the Core) because the portal was not stable. So the way things worked with portals wasn't clear yet.

The thoughts we hear in the outro video are those of Murtaugh. The feet we see are Murtaugh's feet. We're seeing through his eyes. And we get to see that as a player because somehow, in drawing the unstable, unrefined portal, he left an 'imprint' of those thoughts behind.

(After all, those thoughts must be pertaining to his journey through the portal.)

----

However, Sub9 enlightens us with something else. That "too far" (to the outer rim) and "too early" (back in time 32 years) are both wrong. (from "What if I told you - neither?")

So, did the Lighthouse not leave the Core? (which would make sense, because then the Root would also have to leave the Core.)

But then, how did Sub5 take place? Clearly outside the Core. In the Subnet. Unless Subs 1-6 was just a big round trip, but that doesn't sit well with me.

So possibly, there are...two lighthouses? Two Roots? One inside the Core, one outside? But that doesn't seem possible either...

Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

The thoughts we hear in the outro video are those of Murtaugh. The feet we see are Murtaugh's feet. We're seeing through his eyes. And we get to see that as a player because somehow, in drawing the unstable, unrefined portal, he left an 'imprint' of those thoughts behind.
wow
:O
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Sublevel 105 wrote:
wow
:O
I really like that theory! :)
🧐
Anonymous1
subnet technician

Post by Anonymous1 »

Jatsko wrote:So, did the Lighthouse not leave the Core? (which would make sense, because then the Root would also have to leave the Core.)

But then, how did Sub5 take place? Clearly outside the Core. In the Subnet. Unless Subs 1-6 was just a big round trip, but that doesn't sit well with me.

So possibly, there are...two lighthouses? Two Roots? One inside the Core, one outside? But that doesn't seem possible either...

Two lighthouses and two roots is a possibility. I think this note from Sub8 backs it up a bit:
- "Doesn't he understand that his karma portals are shattering this dimension?"

- "This dimension? You mean the third one? You know that's not even the original dimension, right? What do you think is more important - the origin or the flawed copy?"
Origin being anything from the core. Flawed copy being anything from the outer rim. The architects of the plan created everything in the Core of the subnet, but SHIVA created everything in the outer rim. So its possible SHIVA created a flawed lighthouse and flawed root. Maybe the flawed lighthouse is what we visit in Submachine 5? But then where is the flawed root?
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Also in Submachine 5, I would assume.

(Is it safe to say that the Lighthouse and the Root are physically connected?)

Also, about this last note you quoted:
Quote:

- "This dimension? You mean the third one? You know that's not even the original dimension, right? What do you think is more important - the origin or the flawed copy?"
Does this mean that the third layer is a flawed copy of another layer?
ThunderDasher
subnet notes finder

Post by ThunderDasher »

Jatsko wrote:(Is it safe to say that the Lighthouse and the Root are physically connected?)
I'd say yes.
Jatsko wrote:
Quote:

Does this mean that the third layer is a flawed copy of another layer?
Wasn't the Fifth the "original" layer or something? With all the others being somehow copies, or creations. I'm now starting to wonder if this one quote implies that the "flawed" layers are, to some extent, unimportant when compared to the origin. Almost as if they didn't matter. Could this mean that new Layers may appear at some point, or perhaps be rebuilt, and that damage caused to the origin is irreversible, or that is might reflect on its copies?

I feel like we might have ended up overlooking something here, ever since Sub8...
"...But I shall forgive you. There are some things in life that cannot be achieved." ~Wise man
NOT CHANGING THIS SIG UNTIL SUBMACHINE: THE FARM COMES OUT, which is never :/
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

TD wrote:and that damage caused to the origin is irreversible
This rings a bell:
Fate of the third wrote:Murtaugh was originally from the third layer, therefore there was nothing he could do to bring it back to the unbroken state. He often spoke about it as being a thorn in his heart.
The third layer is irreversible, not necessarily the fifth.

So... a flawed copy of the fifth layer is irreversible?