Submachine 2: the Lighthouse

The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Re: Submachine 2: the Lighthouse

Post by The Abacus »

Sublevel 102 wrote:
curiosity
THIS

In Sub1-4 Submachine brings horror, in Sub5-8 Submachine brings curiosity.
What are trying to say? Isn't that what I just said?
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

I just repeated what me and you said. :P
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

Okay.

I guess that sentence explains it all, after that it's all down to preference (horror or curiosity).
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
RuloCore
subnet notes finder

Post by RuloCore »

OnyxIonVortex wrote:That could be true, in latest games we see more colourful art, and everything's set in fresh air rather than claustrophobic enclosed spaces like those of earlier games :P

But the Temple is supposedly a building too, and we might find it to have that atmosphere.
void can also be claustrophobic. the sense of "what could be hidden inside the black".
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Well, yeah...

but for example in Sub7 there arent' square rooms anymore, so I felt more open, like if I were at a dark night in a park or something. The music helped me get that feeling :P

And in Sub8.... look at seventh layer, for example. Foggy mountains. Or Sub2, the dawn sun and night with stars. Or Sub5, bluish cloudy sky... that's not very void-like.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

I guess it helps there's more rooms to explore too. Once you get over the fact that you know the storyline way past Sub2 and then replay it, the newer games have more curiousity and exploring, which the ambiances pre-Sub6ish have the "A Series of Unfortunate Events" feeling to them.
The Kakama
karma portal traveller

Post by The Kakama »

void can also be claustrophobic. the sense of "what could be hidden inside the black".
A void is empty.If it has something hidden,it isn't a void anymore.
I guess it helps there's more rooms to explore too. Once you get over the fact that you know the storyline way past Sub2 and then replay it, the newer games have more curiousity and exploring, which the ambiances pre-Sub6ish have the "A Series of Unfortunate Events" feeling to them.
Hmm... I thought that too.Must be the I'm-all-alone-and-it-looks-like-it's-too-late-too-do-anything vibe.
And then,after sub5/6 we get a goal to work towards,and the vibe mentioned above is gone.(almost)
Is this my final form?
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

F*ck. I searched through 1000 pages (2-3 hours) in Google search, and didn't find "strange" version of Submachine 2...

Anyway, I found 13(!) versions of Submachine 2.
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

Anyway, I found 13(!) versions of Submachine 2.
what are you talking about.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Hmm... I thought that too.Must be the I'm-all-alone-and-it-looks-like-it's-too-late-too-do-anything vibe.
And then,after sub5/6 we get a goal to work towards,and the vibe mentioned above is gone.(almost)
Exactly, right around there is when that "What am I doing here?" feeling ends because of Mur communicating to us (Sub4 actually, but Sub4 still was a bit creepy :P) and then the curiousity of going "deeper down the rabbit hole" really begins.

@Sublevel: Are you sure you found 13 different versions of Sub2? Mateusz doesn't even know what you're talking about, so the rest of us are just as lost...