Jatsko's theories, etc

Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Re: Elli3's Theories and Thoughts

Post by Vortex »

I see. I basically agree with everything, those are good ideas. I'll try to help in what I can :)

I also saw at first glance some things I'd like to fix, like standardizing the header of all main Submachine games and recomposing the JPEGed-to-death map of iSubmachine (doing it right now).
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »

Error, you must have lots of spare time to do all that work in the Subwiki. Oo
ENIHCAMBUS: State of the Art Scanning!
🧐
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

@Vortex: What do you mean by standardizing the header?
Also, I'm glad you're doing the iSubmachine map. I have no idea where to access iSubmachine, so I'm glad you're figuring it out :D

@Ehnic: Yup. Someone's gotta do it though, and I figured it's better to use this time before to college to get as much done as possible. (rather than during college)
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Error_3113 wrote:@Vortex: What do you mean by standardizing the header?
I mean the starting paragraphs of each article. Right now they are very disparate, one links to Newgrounds, other has two quotes that would better go in the article's body, other has a long description of trivia that doesn't really belong there (Sub7), other is the only one to mention out of thin air the existence of a HD version, others have potentially confusing references to chronological order... basically a mess XD
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

*coughs* the HD one was mine...back when I thought people would get confused between the two FLFs (but then again, I assumed people visited the Wiki XD)

Yeah it's a mess. I also cut out renaming jpgs from my list for now; hey aren't as important as other things.
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Error_3113 wrote:*coughs* the HD one was mine...back when I thought people would get confused between the two FLFs (but then again, I assumed people visited the Wiki XD)
I actually was referring to Submachine 5 :P the FLF page is good as it is. What I meant is that it would be nice if the pages followed the same general structure, at least in the introduction, to give some sense of "cohesiveness" between them.

EDIT: I successfully reconstructed one of the images from the JPG:
only 3 left. Remind me I never do this again XD
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

Gah

I just want to delete these puzzle pages. No more puzzles. No more trying to figure out what is a puzzle and what isn't.

Wouldn't that be simpler? Instead of puzzles, just the descriptions of the rooms? And anyway, aren't puzzle pages redundant if you have walkthrough pages?
Anonymous2
subnet notes finder

Post by Anonymous2 »

Error_3113 wrote:Gah

I just want to delete these puzzle pages. No more puzzles. No more trying to figure out what is a puzzle and what isn't.

Wouldn't that be simpler? Instead of puzzles, just the descriptions of the rooms? And anyway, aren't puzzle pages redundant if you have walkthrough pages?
Just merge all puzzle pages into a single page called "Submachine Puzzles" with a short description of how the puzzle works, and which game its found in.

Simple and Solved

You're welcome

:)
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

But what qualifies as a puzzle?
ENIHCAMBUS
karma portal traveller

Post by ENIHCAMBUS »