Boingo's theories

Boingo
wisdom crystal finder

The Physics of the Subnet

Post by Boingo »

Sorry, couldn't copy the other Comments.

The Loops
We know that the Submachine/s were created in a cubish form: roughly 2 meters cubed.
And by looking through telescopes we can tell that other areas are although eroded in some places, they all have to be in line with each other to keep order within the subnet.
So what does a loop look like on the outside? 
Either by breaking some laws of physics, it just appears outside as 2-4 rooms, in which each time you pass through one cycle, there are freaky things going on with the physics,
or it appears as an infinite stretch of blocks.
But in Submachine 3, the Loop didn't actually stay infinite-sort of. The leaf that we used to escape, it was in a specific spot. And the coordinates thingy, it was calibrated as well.

Gravity
Where's the gravity? For everything to stay together on Earth it needs gravity, yet with the sheer masses of blocks towering everywhere (e.g. the edge) what stops it from all falling down?
Gravity: Sub 4. We dropped some water onto the energy dome in the sandy chamber. (The one with the note saying "Water, I need water")
More Gravity: The leaf- unless it is attracted to it- it floated down like a normal leaf.
I expect that the way it works is that each area has its own Gravity bubble and air bubble- the person who chucked themselves off the cliff in sub 6 must have known this otherwise he wouldn't have jumped in fear of being stuck in limbo- loads of air, no gravity.
nd we can look at the MC Escher Room as well- it controls its own gravity...
Anyway, I think earlier on in the Old Forum we agreed on the fact that each area controls its own physics.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Re: The Physics of the Subnet

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Where's the gravity? For everything to stay together on Earth it needs gravity, yet with the sheer masses of blocks towering everywhere (e.g. the edge) what stops it from all falling down?
http://images.wikia.com/submachine/imag ... dinate.png

See the map, think the Layout off SubNet as the Shape of the Earth. Each location floor is pointing towards the Core. This is due to graivty pulling everything in its reach towards the Core. Now that would explain how there is gravity in the SubNet.

But then peole will ask "Where the Air?" Well that can be answer.

http://images.wikia.com/submachine/imag ... hine_7.png
This garden is composed of a set of plants, which, upon being a long time in contact with the darkness, have developed bioluminescence,
The Plants give the Air. The Winter Palace must be the source of Air for the entire SubNet.

Then the question of "Where is the Water?" The Water most likely come out from nowhere. Any place in the SuNet that has a Faucet must be a spawn locaton for Water. If we where to look at the plumbing behind the Faucet there might be nothing but the Void. The Faucet spawns in commond area like in The Lab Bathroom, The Lighthouse Bathroom, and the Dormitory area of the Lab.
But in area like the Defense System where it was design for SubBots the Faucet Spawn Loaction is non-existing due to its purpose not needed.

There are rare Location that spawn Lakes or Pools of Water like in Layer 5 in Sub. 8.

The Winter Palace location in the Core will explain why the remains of the Palace are floating.
At the planet's center, your acceleration due to gravity is zero -- Earth's mass surrounds you, gravity cancels out and you are weightless [sources: Locke; Singh].
You can read more about it in this link http://science.howstuffworks.com/enviro ... ion373.htm

Thus explains why the Ruins of the Winter Palace are floating.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

I believe this was called "Some of the Submachine's Internal and External Workings." However, I don't believe you responded to the following:

So what are you proposing about Gravity? Just that gravity exists? We're not floating around or else we would be fighting to get to the next room (for example), so there must be some form of gravity present.

As for Loops:

Either by breaking some laws of physics, it just appears outside as 2-4 rooms, in which each time you pass through one cycle, there are freaky things going on with the physics,

Either can't be confirmed, unless I'm forgetting something. So you're saying the places that have been eroded hold the Loops? Interesting.

The "infinite stretch of blocks" are the Movers, though.
But in Submachine 3, the Loop didn't actually stay infinite-sort of. The leaf that we used to escape, it was in a specific spot. And the coordinates thingy, it was calibrated as well.

So now that you're on coordinates, elaborate. Coordinates like (0,1) in The Root [Cipher Plates], or XYZ? Meaning the Leaf is its own room in the SubNet because the Leaf itself is a makeshift XYZ Portal?
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Well there is the present, yet absents of Gravity. Remember that comic someone made that shown his created Character complain about in Sub. 0 the Temple had no BRIDGE.

Its either Zerpentos Coordinate Systems Theory, or all Gravity is emitted on the bottom floor of each Cube.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

The "infinite stretch of blocks" are the Movers, though.
You've stated that before, but we don't know that. Is every cube in the entire subnet a mover? I not think so.
My answer is pocket dimensions. We (me and rooster I think) had a good discussion on the old forum (weird to call it the old forum already) where we talked about space in the subnet could be limited, but if it were riddled with pocket dimensions the space would be effectively infinite.
the Loop didn't actually stay infinite-sort of. The leaf that we used to escape, it was in a specific spot.
Why didn't it stay infinite? Just because we exited (or dehydrated) doesn't mean it doesn't still keep going.
Anyway, I think earlier on in the Old Forum we agreed on the fact that each area controls its own physics.
This seems most likely to me, for the reasons you gave and perhaps some others.
This is due to graivty pulling everything in its reach towards the Core. Now that would explain how there is gravity in the SubNet.
I think this would have some problems to it, like less gravity (or more? Depends on what is causing the gravity I guess) the closer you get to the Core. Arguably the winter palace and Lighthouse would have no gravity if this were the case.
The Plants give the Air. The Winter Palace must be the source of Air for the entire SubNet.
This would have similar problems as the gravity centered on the Core: air might not ever get to the outer rim. I think this falls back under the "each submachine has it's own physics controls" kind of theory.
Faucet Spawn
If water can spawn at each location, this is the best explanation for air and gravity as well I think.
There are rare Location that spawn Lakes or Pools of Water like in Layer 5 in Sub. 8.
Using the Knot as evidence for the physics of the subnet seems a stretch to me. The Knot is its own thing, not a part of the subnet me thinks. The layers have too little in common with what we see in the subnet, and the context of the story suggests we've left subnet space and are in a knot within a Karma portal. Hmmm... that makes me want to discuss the Knot. Maybe I should go to Sub8 thread...
The Winter Palace location in the Core will explain why the remains of the Palace are floating.
There are lots of locations with floating stuff hanging out, though admittedly none as severe as the winter palace.

... WorldisQuiet, hope I wasn't too nitpicky there. :oops:
Remember that comic someone made
Sounds cool... where is that at?
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

You've stated that before, but we don't know that. Is every cube in the entire subnet a mover? I not think so.
That's because he ignored it the first time and you answered it, so I was hoping for an answer out of him :P Unless you want me to continue the discussion we had on PastelForum, I'll be glad to recopy everything up to where we left off.
My answer is pocket dimensions. We (me and rooster I think) had a good discussion on the old forum (weird to call it the old forum already) where we talked about space in the subnet could be limited, but if it were riddled with pocket dimensions the space would be effectively infinite.
LOL, indeed it does feel weird....But yes, I could agree with that. I don't remember saying that in so many words, but it's a possibility (at this point, I've assumed so much about the SubNet, I don't remember what I've said anymore...other than my theory of Henry O'Toole being the Player *rim shot*)
Each location floor is pointing towards the Core. This is due to graivty pulling everything in its reach towards the Core. Now that would explain how there is gravity in the SubNet.
I think this would have some problems to it, like less gravity (or more? Depends on what is causing the gravity I guess) the closer you get to the Core. Arguably the winter palace and Lighthouse would have no gravity if this were the case.
I'd agree with RedAfro here...Guess arguing this point slipped my mind.

Let's start off simple: The drawing in mind was by Zerpentos, as I recall. It's not Mateusz's. So we can assume that's not how the SubNet is designed and that "gravity pulls towards The Core." The Core doesn't have to mean "center of the SubNet." It can be assumed that, but I don't believe we can conclude that.

That being said, we're back to the theory Red answered a post above this:
How can it be said that "each area controls its own Physics," and then you assume that everything's being pulled into The Core? Can't have it both ways.
The Water most likely come out from nowhere.
Water can't just come from "nowhere," or even "the Void." If anything, it was pulled in from Earth (if we are to assume the SubNet is a collection of locations on Earth [before the Mutations.])
Hmmm... that makes me want to discuss the Knot. Maybe I should go to Sub8 thread...
You can talk about it here too, it's basically theorizing on future installments.
Remember that comic someone made that shown his created Character complain about in Sub. 0 the Temple had no BRIDGE.
Might've been -ak-'s Comic, he's talking about...Don't know where that is now, but you could probably search -ak-'s Threads for it.
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

That's because he ignored it the first time and you answered it, so I was hoping for an answer out of him
Ahh. XD (We need a crazy eyed smile...)
(at this point, I've assumed so much about the SubNet, I don't remember what I've said anymore...other than my theory of Henry O'Toole being the Player *rim shot*)
Dude, if you haven't put together your "world view" theory on the subnet, I'd love to see it in one place! I've tried to do mine a few times, but there is always something I leave out.
Water can't just come from "nowhere," or even "the Void." If anything, it was pulled in from Earth (if we are to assume the SubNet is a collection of locations on Earth [before the Mutations.])
I'm not sure... did the gravity get pulled in from earth too? And the air? Or is there a matter/energy transformation happening here?
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Ahh. XD (We need a crazy eyed smile...)
I'd be using that a lot XD
Dude, if you haven't put together your "world view" theory on the subnet, I'd love to see it in one place! I've tried to do mine a few times, but there is always something I leave out.
"World view?" Sure you got the right person? XD
I'm not sure... did the gravity get pulled in from earth too? And the air? Or is there a matter/energy transformation happening here?
Maybe that's why we can make the "Locations make their own Physics" Theory at least Likely, because every Location (even the Void - someone fell into it, it must mean the Void has gravity) does seem to be stable when it comes to Gravity. [unless that's a Game Mechanic...]

And we could be wearing a spacesuit, for all we know. Aside from Mateusz confirming we're human, we don't know how we're breathing - or even what we're breathing. After all, Karma Energy could be a type of lifeforce (a few Theories like that), could we indeed be breathing Oxygen? And if not from Earth, is it possible that we're in a Universe where Oxygen is sustained?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

There must be oxygen... how would those Sub7 plants live if not? also, in Sub4, Sub5 there are some chemical reactions, which I would see difficult to happen in an ambient with no oxygen and/or no atmospheric pressure. Though maybe those were alien plants and those reactions could have been done with zero pressure and no oxygen... I don't know, but it seems a bit unlikely that we're in a vacuum.
Redafro
subnet technician

Post by Redafro »

Dude, why would they need oxygen if there is no light to photosynthesize? They wouldn't photosynthesize their own light. You wouldn't spend the energy to make light just so you can make energy from the light... unless there is some free source of light or energy they are collecting and re-illuminating... which is kind of wasteful. But actually, now that I say that, it is starting to sound likely... so long as we could find a good source of energy/light they are rebroadcasting.

I like the spacesuit idea a lot.