26_994's theories

26_994
lost in subnet

26_994's theories

Post by 26_994 »

I had to edit this post, because I forgot to separate the theory itself and the fan story, based on it.

The theory itself.

The Sub-matter Manipulation Machine (probably shorted to SubMAchine) was built as an attempt to manipulate everything, what was beyond matter and so, could manipulate matter of world without bending to its laws. It was built to make anything possible to be built in shortest time, since it can manipulate any fact on, as the name says, on the sub-matter level. It is not just capable creating diamonds from dirt - it is literally capable of creating them from nothing and in an instance. The result of Ultimate Scientific Singularity, expressed into one word. Time, space, energy and all the history are nothing solid to this machinery. It can change lives beyond life and death, it can travel in deep past and even may read imagination. Ultimate Scientific Singularity

This theory is supposed to be a conter-version of "virtual world" .

Facts used:

1. Versales (Sub 7) has different legend, than IRL.
2. By some reason, in Sub 6, there is no room after the one, which asks the ID.
3. Wisdom gem from nowhere (Sub 2) as well as a megaton of soil around the lighthouse.
4. Karma portals are not requiring energy from external source. Instead, they even allow things fly.
5. We have screwed history (see p.1.)
6. But the computer by some reason has usual MIDI-ports, LPT port and 4 USBs on the front panel while having matrix printer and monochrome screen from 80's
7. Completely logicless "secretholder" in Sub 4 (you need a coil to power a machine in the Lab. But all it does is lifting a small lid to open up small blue "secret" ball)
8. No food!!! 8 episodes of intensive thinking we don't eat anything!
(8,5. What if after Sub 4 and its "truly digital" part we've got some food? Well, I need an explanation whether we see or don't see anyone between Sub 4 and Sub 5)
9. Karma arm... Was it given to Mur by a purpose?
10. I am sort of tired. But our hero isn't!

P.S.
I wonder whether M. Sku7nik reads the forum nowadays.

Here is a fan fiction story as a bonus.

Basically, the machine could make *anything*. But it was not supposed to have own mind thinking and was supposed to do only what it is asked for with some additional features, and its mind was limited with need to log every action on material drive.

It had own Artificial Intelligence System, so it had excellent interface; you simply asked for a diamond, and it would give you a 994-gram octahedral diamond with void inside, impossible for real diamonds, and nice cyan shine, made with radiation influence - its A.I.'s favorite gem. "Wisdom Gem", as it was called. Some people were calling its first, diamond-only, types as "Flan's Wing Gem", because well-known 994-gram gems soon were modified into batteries and the "Wisdom Gem" name was officially given only to the later-built, battery-type kinds of the diamonds. It is to note, that first types of a charged gem were using material power and were slightly heavier, and had mass of 999 grams - 5 gram of pure power (as E=MC^2 teaches us). Just enough to explode Hiroshima 5 times, as I know. Later, the diamonds were used as batteries with sub-matter kind of charge, which was not bent with laws of physics and could literally capacitate power of 40 suns.

People wanted to fulfil own ambitions and started to use the Submachine with abuse (and some people - what saved them later - even started to build own worlds in own universes). So the government (it was united all over the world, and the world, very likely, was not limited with Earth) prohibited the Submachine to be used by anyone; but the shadow economy made its move and managed to get the Submachine in own hands (easy, since its location was not physical and it could be accessed anywhere and from any universe). Many people wanted easy solutions for their own problems and they simply wanted to get whatever they want. Someone wanted to escape into own world, someone wanted to have a ton of antique furniture for little prices, but most uses were truly criminal ones: thug wares, drugs, guns and even full sets of warfare.

It couldn't last long. Soon a revolution burst.
Some people were demanding from the government such a thing, as freedom of using the Submachine's possibilities at least in own personal worlds. Another ones were demanding prohibition of use, because they were afraid of a fatal error which could erase our universe or maybe the whole Multiverse.
Some people were taking part, because they wanted Submachine to disappear forever.

When the revolution have nearly turned the world to its collapse, Submachine decided to act by it own. Although the artificial intelligence (normally non-sentinent) was normally "mind-locked" from wiping anything in our world or killing anyone (so no one could order instant kills) and set up only to produce stuff, in critical situation Submachine was decided to redo everything in our world and erase all own memories. Mental blocks were removed, already developed personality was unleashed and Submachine decided to "go to the basement", apparently trying to seal itself from anyone.

After redoing everything, the AI decided to submerge "itself" (i.e. the whole own system) out from people' eyes and memories. It also decided to seal any possibility for other sub-matter manipulations in our world. The rest is unknown.

That's the story of Sub-Matter Manipulation Machine, turned into Sub-Matter Submerged Machine.

Here is a story about Mur and his crew.

How Mur was given his "karma hand". Was it an accident?
The most possible version is, that the Submachine decided to remove all the artificial worlds, but some people were born inside these worlds and Submachine had to keep them due to moral principles. Only in order to prevent uncontrollable reproduction, it decided to put them into own systems. Grow them. Give them own thoughts. Turn them into people.
The Mur's crew was made of all those people, which were living in old Submachine's artificial worlds. Probably, Submachine wants to make tests onto social interactions between people in stress to later build friends for itself.

End of this story.

Off the topic, some questions again: The most interesting, but least probable idea is that Submachine knows about their positions and those, who die (like the one in 8-0-0 location, who exploded himself, get revived in puzzles to find own place inside the integration into the machine (the mechanism of secret rooms gives a hint). The main character is, probably, the victim of the explosion on 8-0-0. Also, it is to note, that everyone in the puzzle gets a wisdom gem only to use and lose it - as a hint for the times, when everyone lost his wisdom in pursuit of own ambitions. It shows, that AI is sentient enough to play games with people trapped in... Oh, by the way, that's why we don't have to eat? A "mystery"...

Extras:

"994 karat" was not enough for a huge gem with the size, comparable with a 14-inch monitor screen (Sub' 2) or with a barrel (room 010), so I replaced it with 994 grams and mentioned "void inside" part (void was thought to be mentioned at the time of writting)

I wanted to build a theory, which may prove any other theory as plausible instead of conflicting, but brings a fresh stream, which washes away usual "it is a digital world, nothing specific" - something, which has ending different from "Thanks for testing our game console. Sincerely. M. and L.", while staying friendly to this type of endings.

It's funny, that I accidentally made a hint to an "empty room" number. I won't tell, which one it is, so here's a hint - it is mentioned in Submachine Wiki (so it is not 994).

It should be obvious, that either "ladder room" 613-614 is connected either with 232 (Kent Falls), or with 666.

A theory about "the Hell room" - it has polished stones instead of floor, so I guess it could be used as a chemical bath, with floor's soil used as a grate.

This theory may be called as "Sub-M-theory", since it tries to do same function real M-theory does: make an explanation for every theory made before.
Last edited by 26_994 on 28 May 2013 22:06, edited 4 times in total.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Re: Submatter Manipulation 'Achine (SubMAchine) theory

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

Welcome to the Club.
You will soon learn what I have learned my good sir.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

Welcome to the forum!

-----------------
About theory: I clearly remember Mateusz stated that Submachine means only "Submerged Machine", nothing more.
...Or am I wrong?
Vortex
Murtaugh's hunter

Post by Vortex »

Sublevel 102 wrote:About theory: I clearly remember Mateusz stated that Submachine means only "Submerged Machine", nothing more.
...Or am I wrong?
You're right :P
26_994
lost in subnet

Post by 26_994 »

Well, I guess I've made some gaps in my plot. Let me fix them.

I don't even say, that Submachine (now) stands for "submerged machine". I just need to fix the plot part.

OK... Wisdom gems - check.
"It is all material" - check.
Why it is so bizarre - check
Why there are no people - check

Now, I'll alter the second part.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Why did you make the text small?

Anyway, the A.I. part is a Theory made by the user Gemini/Gemini2/Submachiner, and the rest, the "post-apocalyptic/dystopian world" sounds a lot like another Theory I've read - You'll find many Theories on the Submachine Wiki (Submachine.wikia.com.)

I like the speculation, but I want you to be informed so you don't infringe upon other people's Theories and, most importantly, have an intriguing Theory.
The main character is, probably, the victim of the explosion on 8-0-0.

Now this can be a Theory all to its own - Perhaps there is reincarnation in the SubNet.

Although I've made a Theory about something along the lines of reincarnation, perhaps our "life energy" is given to Sub-bots and that's how there's a note by a Sub-bot that seems like it's a human talking (if I remember correctly.)

In The Player's case, perhaps we were given a second chance at life in our body, but given "amnesia."
Also, it is to note, that everyone in the puzzle gets a wisdom gem only to use and lose it as a hint for the times, when everyone lost his wisdom in pursuit of own ambitions.
We have found multiple Wisdom Gems though, there's even 3 in a room in the Submachine Network Exploration Experience.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Truth now learned.
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Haha, I see you were waiting for me.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Waiting?
How was I waiting when you were already here?
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Philosophical question I have no witty answer to. I'm in Check and Mate, good sir.