The Abacus' Theories

The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

The Abacus' Theories

Post by The Abacus »

Here is a thread where I will post my theories for criticism and suggestions. Feel free to state your opinion and criticism on any one! (Hypocrites! just joking)

Contents
Ancient Computer Theory
Portal Mechanics Theory (FINAL)
"The Architects" is an Analogy for the Creator Theory (FINAL)
Anti-Structural Architecture and the Winter Palace (FINAL)
Ancient Computer Theory
The subnet always existed, but in the beginning it was nothing like it is today. In the beginning there was only the core in the original layer. Then an ancient civilization accidently stumbled upon and made it there’s. They installed an ancient computer that could control the subnet and submachines. The computer expanded the original structure of the subnet (the core) by making six different copies of the original structure and making an outer rim. They colonized it and gave the computer all the knowledge they could find. After sometime the civilization died out and the knowledge of its existence died with it.

During its abandonment the computer encountered a glitch and caused a rapid expansion of the subnet and the outer rim and countless mutations and copies of the original structures. The subnet expanded by copying and changing structures and adding other mutated structures to form each location. Over time it explored new concepts and made new discoveries in its technology. With it, it created Subbots and portals and many other devices that are endemic to submachine.

Some scientists later rediscovered it in the early 20th century. They begin their exploration in the root and called the place submerged machine as it seemed as if it was an underground structure. However, when Murtaugh started using his Karma Arm and caused damage to the subnet, the computer started seeing the scientists as an “infestation” and built up defenses against human beings in general. It also seemed that the scientists were learning from the machine as they had reverse-engineered the portals used by the Subbots for their own purposes.
Portal Mechanics Theory
Primary Goal: The aim of this theory is to show how it may be possible to navigate throughout the whole of the subnet by pointing out the limitations of existing technologies and theorizing solutions to them.
Commonly Referred-to Vocabulary:
Portal System: a system of portals that are connected and share the same origin coordinate
Origin Coordinate/Origin: the coordinate 000 on XYZ portal and 00 on the root transporters
Now, The Actual Theory
The normal XYZ portal can have up to 1000 different coordinates, but the subnet is likely much larger than that. The fact that the subnet CAN expand tells us that even IF we can currently navigate the whole of the subnet, this may not be the case in the future. A possibility that removes this limitation in the case of the XYZ portal the possibility of the existence of OTHER portal systems with different origin coordinates. I believe that this is likely because XYZ portal was reverse-engineered and however reverse-engineered it set the first portal system to have the coordinate 000 for the lab (dorm area). The fact that it reverse-engineered tells us that the origin coordinate is not a fixed point for all portal systems or the subnet (the lab, to our knowledge, is of no importance to the subnet itself unlike the core and other similar locations). Thus it should be possible to have other portal systems with different origin coordinates. We, however, are only aware of the existence of one XYZ portal system and there is no way to prove this until encountered.

The possibility of other portal systems can be applied to the root transporters as well because there are only so many cipher plates (a speculation suggests an original minimum of 6), which can only access that portion of the subnet. On the other the root transporters may not need another system for the same plane if the creation of more cipher plates is possible. However, multiple systems would still be needed as the transporters can only navigate on an XY plane and not an XYZ plane.

The possibility of other systems is almost certain in terms of the portal seen at the end of sub6 and the beginning sub7. We do not know enough about these portals to be certain of anything. IF these portals only allow navigation between 2 locations, it suggests the existence of other sets of these portals. However, if they can lead to multiple locations (via the information given through the connection pod) then other portal systems may or may not exist/be necessary.

In the case of transportation between layers, multiple systems are not required as there are 7 layers of the subnet and no more. The technologies we have observed may or may not have been built in other layers. If they are they should be possible to build as most of these were built and there is no reason to why we cannot build them again in a different layer.

I hope that this theory addresses any limitations in the navigation of the Subnet and shows how easy navigation throughout the whole of the subnet may be possible.
“The Architects” is an Analogy for the Creator Theory
Primary Goal: This theory explains that the reference of architects in the Perfection Note refers to the creator(s) of the submachine rather than a group of architects who had no part in creating the submachine.

The Theory: In Submachine 8: The Plan there is a mention of architects in the Perfection Note. In the line, “Who needs gods when you architects like that, right?” to be precise. The word “architects” may just be an analogy for the creator or whatever controls the subnet (likely a person or a sentient A.I.). An architect is a designer, and a designer is a creator, so we cannot dismiss this possibility. This: "who needs god when you have architects like that?" is a rhetorical question, so we must be more careful in deciding whether the mention of architects is only an analogy or not.
Anti-Structural Architecture and the Winter Palace

“This Winter Palace and the surrounding gardens are prime examples of anti-structural architecture freed from boundaries of material durability”

This is the third-to-last sentence of the pamphlet found in the Winter Palace. From it I would like to bring to attention the part explaining how the Winter Palace and South Gardens are examples of anti-structural architecture that are “freed from boundaries of material durability.” Anti-structural architecture simply does not exist in our reality, which raises the question of what is its meaning and definition. It is through the manifestation of this concept that we may be able to learn more about Henry O’Toole and the Winter Palace.

To begin one must be observant and examine the Winter Palace in Submachine 7: The Core. There are three observations that have led me to my theory:

1. The first is that the Winter Palace seems to be supported by pillars, on which it sits on top, and is therefore likely held up at an elevation of some sort.

2. My second observation I have made is that the palace is pulsing with blue energy. I am not simply referring to the fluorescent flora that seems to overgrown the palace, but instead to the glowing symbols that can be seen cut into the walls and stone – the most common of these are simple circles. Among these also include the ambiguous star symbol that we see in many of Mateusz Skutnik’s works. Most of these symbols seem to be etched into the ground, walls and pillars of the palace – some are repeated in a methodical manner.

3. On some screens the pillars that supposedly hold up the Winter Palace are partly destroyed. From these a string or beam of blue energy is perfectly visible.

My last observation is likely the most important as it is a logical conclusion to draw that this string of energy through runs through the whole pillar and keeps it’s structure intact. The previous observation on the blue energy allows me to expand on this and leads me to think that the Winter Palace is kept intact by this form of energy that has retained the structure of the pillars.

This is what I believe to be anti-structural architecture – a type of architecture that is freed from the limitations of material durability. As long as energy flows throughout the palace, the general structure will remain intact, oblivious to whatever elements exist in the submachine that would wear away the material and eventually cause the palace to collapse. The material elements do seem to however be worn away, but most of the structure remains intact and will not collapse. Though the Winter Palace is currently in a collapsed state this is most likely due to collapse brought by Murtaugh’s destabilisation of that layer. It is therefore likely that forms of energy such as Karma and/or Wisdom are the only forces capable of destabilizing the anti-structure.

It seems that Henry O’Toole was the first to successfully implement anti-structure into an edifice and had gained much respect for his work. I believe that this theory is likely explanation of the meaning of anti-structural architecture and hope that it helps us have a better understanding of Henry O’Toole and the Western Kingdom.
Last edited by The Abacus on 01 Jul 2013 07:38, edited 5 times in total.
Balance is imperative; without it, total collapse and destruction is imminent.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Re: The Abacus' Theories

Post by Rooster5man »

Glad to see your Theories!

Hmm, this seems like the basic theories we've come up with since Sub8, even though no one really put it in a single Theory as you have :P

I'd say Still Alive bordering on Doubtful - There's nothing really to Debunk it, but it's mostly opinion on how all this happened, nothing really to help your case.
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

Thank you! I have another theory in my head right now, but I won't post it till later (it's not really a theory, but more of a speculation).
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

I have changed my mind I'll just put it here: (This isn’t actually a theory, but more of a speculation that suggests other possibilities.)

Portal Mechanics Theory
The normal XYZ portal can have up to 1000 different coordinates, but the subnet is much larger than that. Therefore it must be possible for the existence of OTHER portal system with a different origin (by origin I mean the coordinate: 000). However, we only are only aware of the existence of one XYZ portal system.
The possibility of other portal systems can be applied to the root transporters as well because there are only so many cipher plates (a speculation suggests a minimum of 6), which can only access that portion of the subnet. On the other the root transporters may not need another system for the same plane if the creation of more cipher plates is possible. However, multiple systems would still be needed as the transporters can only navigate on an XY plane and not an XYZ plane.
The possibility of other systems is almost certain in terms of the portal seen at the end of sub6 and the beginning sub7. These portals only allow navigation between 2 locations and therefore the suggestion of another set of these portals is automatically proven as we have observed an aged rusted portal on the cliffs in sub6 (I wonder where that leads to…).
In the case of transportation between layers, multiple systems are not required.
I think this theory addresses any loopholes in the navigation and that I have considered everything on the subject.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

Thank you! I have another theory in my head right now, but I won't post it till later (it's not really a theory, but more of a speculation).
You're welcome! I'll always be glad to see them :D
Portal Mechanics Theory
The normal XYZ portal can have up to 1000 different coordinates, but the subnet is much larger than that. Therefore it must be possible for the existence of OTHER portal system with a different origin (by origin I mean the coordinate: 000).
You can say Origin Coordinate to avoid confusion :P
These portals only allow navigation between 2 locations and therefore the suggestion of another set of these portals is automatically proven as we have observed an aged rusted portal on the cliffs in sub6 (I wonder where that leads to…).
As far as I remember, it was a Prototype, and possibly replaced for the Portal that exists at the end of Sub6? Even though that'd be quite a journey to move it...But since it runs on the Connection Pod, possibly the Connection Pod provides the actual "coordinates" of where the Portal's going, regardless of where the Portal actually is. Or the two portals (The Sanctuary and The Edge) are interconnected with each other, like the "Vanishing Box" from Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (funny enough, also Harry Potter 6 like Sub6.)

As for Layers: Like the Cipher Plates and XYZ, it's just the Navigator, but I would assume Cipher Plates, the XYZ Portal, etc., still exist in each Layer. After all, isn't the SubNet on each Layer?
I think this theory addresses any loopholes in the navigation and that I have considered everything on the subject.
What sort of loopholes? :P
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

As far as I remember, it was a Prototype, and possibly replaced for the Portal that exists at the end of Sub6? Even though that'd be quite a journey to move it...But since it runs on the Connection Pod, possibly the Connection Pod provides the actual "coordinates" of where the Portal's going, regardless of where the Portal actually is.
I didn't think of that. So the those portals may lead to other places and aren't necessarily one-to-one? I don't think I can be sure of anything about that portal until we know more.
Or the two portals (The Sanctuary and The Edge) are interconnected with each other, like the "Vanishing Box" from Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (funny enough, also Harry Potter 6 like Sub6.)
That's what I thought originally, that they interconnected.
As for Layers: Like the Cipher Plates and XYZ, it's just the Navigator, but I would assume Cipher Plates, the XYZ Portal, etc., still exist in each Layer. After all, isn't the SubNet on each Layer?
Exactly, there are no problems navigating between layers navigator-wise. We don't know whether the XYZ portals and root transporters exist in the other layers though, but they CAN be built if they don't already exist(I think).
What sort of loopholes? :P
The loopholes in navigation. The aim of the whole theory is to show how it may be possible to navigate through the whole subnet using the existing technologies. So far, I have speculated that existing technologies have their limitations, which means that other systems of those technologies should exist.

I'll edit the theory later as I don't have enough time in the morning to do it now.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

I didn't think of that. So the those portals may lead to other places and aren't necessarily one-to-one? I don't think I can be sure of anything about that portal until we know more.
It's a possibility, I was just throwing it out there.
That's what I thought originally, that they interconnected.
Yeah, I saw, just told you what it reminded me of :P
Exactly, there are no problems navigating between layers navigator-wise. We don't know whether the XYZ portals and root transporters exist in the other layers though, but they CAN be built if they don't already exist(I think).
I don't see why not, the same technology should be able to exist on each Layer.
The loopholes in navigation. The aim of the whole theory is to show how it may be possible to navigate through the whole subnet using the existing technologies. So far, I have speculated that existing technologies have their limitations, which means that other systems of those technologies should exist.

I'll edit the theory later as I don't have enough time in the morning to do it now.
Oh, that's fine.

And I absolutely agree with you - So far, every Submachine has provided a new Portal (or way to transport.) I don't see why there can't be more ways to transport than what we've seen as of yet.
WorldisQuiet5256
karma portal traveller

Post by WorldisQuiet5256 »

AHA! Schemers caught in the ACT!
WHERE DO WE COME FROM
WHAT ARE WE
WHERE ARE WE
GOING
The Abacus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by The Abacus »

Schemers caught in the ACT!
I don't get it.
It's a possibility, I was just throwing it out there.
Glad you did otherwise it wouldn't have entered my head. :)
And I absolutely agree with you - So far, every Submachine has provided a new Portal (or way to transport.) I don't see why there can't be more ways to transport than what we've seen as of yet.
We still know close to nothing about the geotags.
I don't see why not, the same technology should be able to exist on each Layer.
They might... or might not. I'm just trying to consider every possibility.

Here is my edited theory:

Portal Mechanics Theory
The normal XYZ portal can have up to 1000 different coordinates, but the subnet is much larger than that. Therefore it must be possible for the existence of OTHER portal system with a different origin coordinate (the coordinate: 000). However, we only are only aware of the existence of one XYZ portal system.
The possibility of other portal systems can be applied to the root transporters as well because there are only so many cipher plates (a speculation suggests a minimum of 6), which can only access that portion of the subnet. On the other the root transporters may not need another system for the same plane if the creation of more cipher plates is possible. However, multiple systems would still be needed as the transporters can only navigate on an XY plane and not an XYZ plane.
The possibility of other systems is almost certain in terms of the portal seen at the end of sub6 and the beginning sub7. We do not know enough about these portals to be certain of anything. IF these portals only allow navigation between 2 locations, it suggests the existence of other sets of these portals. However, if they can lead to multiple locations (via the information given through the connection pod) then other portal systems may or may not exist/be necessary.
In the case of transportation between layers, multiple systems are not required.
I hope that this theory addresses any loopholes in the navigation and shows how easy navigation throughout the whole of the subnet may be possible.
Rooster5man
subnet traveller

Post by Rooster5man »

I don't get it.
Might be referring to us "scheming plans" on what Theories to make?
Glad you did otherwise it wouldn't have entered my head.
Anytime! :D
We still know close to nothing about the geotags.
I don't know if you saw my posts on this (may be somewhere on the Sub9 Theories page) - The Geotags refer to where a person is on the X/Y plane of a Layer, which is why those people referenced in the note in Layer 3 didn't understand why the other person was in the same Geotag, although not in the same Z-Axis as they were. Think about it in terms of Cipher Plates and the XYZ Portal - The Cipher Plates only have 2 coordinates (if I'm correct, as another example, so does the Navigator from The Loop), but the XYZ Portal has three coordinates, which determine the X, Y and Z coordinates, whereas the Cipher Plates are only X and Y.

Basically what I'm trying to say is the Geotags only operate on the X/Y Plane, the Z-Axis is reserved for the Navigator, so using the Geotags along with the Navigator may help you find who you're looking for.
They might... or might not. I'm just trying to consider every possibility
Absolutely, everything's a possibility.
However, if they can lead to multiple locations (via the information given through the connection pod) then other portal systems may or may not exist/be necessary.
Well, it's like the Mover - There may be other types of transportation, but they haven't been exactly "out-moded."

Otherwise, I just want to reassure myself - Is this Theory not to say what kind of Portals may exist, but explaining what purpose the Portals we may encounter will have?