layer restorer

Re: The Peter Navarre Crecy Evaluation

Post by Sublevel 113 »

hmm, somehow, I'm stuck...

Edit: And immediately finished!

Thank you for this tech short experience, sir! I liked it! ^^
Glad to hear you're feeling in GameMaker like in home! :D

Real life clocks are cool!

And srsl, I can remove notes? Oo XD Why?

Though I have two questions:

1) Backgrounds in Menu and About screed were intended to have pixelated and have 1 FPS animation, or is it my comp problems?

2) Serious problem - fullscreen/window mode and mising resolutons. I have stupid 1920x1080 screen, so as soon intro ended and I was able to enter ESC menu, I clicked to exit full screen... only to see that window mode has the same 1920x1080, and the most weird - I could not lower it by dragging borders!!! Oo
That's not good, I had a problems to play in such large resolution...

So, I had only single problem. Everything else is WONDERFUL!!!

Edit 2: And yeah, lack of changing cursor in active areas makes it harder. :D
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

If you can remove you have the old version. That is fixed now.
reed
subnet technician

Post by reed »

No, it's still possible to remove it in the new version
no, you're not getting out of here. no way.

operatorsandthings.tumblr.com
Augustus
wisdom crystal finder

Post by Augustus »

Is it? O_o
reed
subnet technician

Post by reed »

well, yeah, I double checked
no, you're not getting out of here. no way.

operatorsandthings.tumblr.com
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

About my questions, guys: do you have the same, and is it intended?
Jatsko
karma portal traveller

Post by Jatsko »

I have the same question about 1), and 2) is set up the same for me but I don't have a problem playing in full screen, so it's not a problem for me.
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

1. background animation in menus is set to 1 fps on purpose
2. resizing window you say. well, that is possible. Just updated the packages, you can now resize window.
3. I have no idea what ko9 is talking about as with "new version" or "fixing" anything. there was only 1 version released, and removing notes isn't a bug, so it can't and won't be fixed.
4. the cursor IS changing on active areas. Just not as much as arrow <->hand
Sublevel 113
layer restorer

Post by Sublevel 113 »

1. thx

2. Thank you very much!!! 32 times better! :'D
Though little question: is there some kind of "default fixed" resolution in this game, like in your flash games?

4. yes, just hand has different shape, so when I move cursor over screen very fast, searching for small hidden active areas, like secrets in Sub7 for example, I immediately see change. :D
Edit: well, since angle changes when you're moving to some other area - I think it's fine as it is now. :3

----

and last question sir, I remember you didn't answer me since release of Sub8, when you suddenly decided to not include you unique game description to game. By game description I mean:
The tragedy of the situation is that while being one of the most valuable objects in Kaisar’s posession, it got stolen in most peculiar circumstances. To the untrained eye it would seem that the Evaluation simply vanished from this layer, ceasing to exist in a split of a second. However, the smell of electricity left in the air after that occurence told another story.
When I saw this text, I was just happy! And it made my interest to game even more!!! :'D

So question is: why in last three Submachines there was not such description? Was it on purpose because we were at the end of journey? Or just lacking of inspiration in the day of game release? Or something else?

Just your submachine games description made games even more atmospheric or something I don't know how to explain. :mrgreen:

Only in Sub5's description was mentioned that Root is the actual place where everything is started (while game itself didn't include any notes that describes root... And next games did not include them too... :? ). Or just look at this wonderful text from deleted Lazylaces site (wasn't placed anywhere else, if I am correct):
After the submachine2 adventure in the lighthouse you broke the time and space barrier using the portal at the end of the game. I hope you knew that this portal was broken and as you took your chance with with you knew that this could lead literally anywhere and anytime. Well, the journey wasn't quite succesfull. You end up in a timeless loop. If there is a way out, I hope you will find it.
Good luck,
mur
So, why you decided to not write anything for last submachines and some other games in past years, sir?
MateuszSkutnik
The Architect

Post by MateuszSkutnik »

Sublevel 107 wrote:Though little question: is there some kind of "default fixed" resolution in this game, like in your flash games?
1920x1080

Sublevel 107 wrote:So, why you decided to not write anything for last submachines and some other games in past years, sir?
Not sure. Didn't even notice there was such an issue. :/